This is an genuine brass royal engineers’ plaque with a wooden back. The crown on the top of the plaque is that of King George VI. This would have been used at main entrances or gates of an installation. This particular plaque was made between 1936 and 1952 when King George VI was King of the United Kingdom.
The plaque has an expected patina for an item of its age. It has a couple of marks on the woodwork. Please see pictures for more detail as these are part of our condition report.