The Pilot/Observer Badge (German: Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen) was a World War II German military decoration awarded to Luftwaffe service personnel who had already been awarded the Pilot’s Badge and Observer BadgeIt was instituted on 26 March 1936 by the Commander in Chief of the Luftwaffe Hermann Göring. It was worn on the lower part of the left breast pocket of the service tunic, underneath the Iron Cross 1st Class if awarded. It was to replace the older 1933 Aircrew Badge.
The badge was originally manufactured in bronze, and later zinc. The badge can be distinguished from the Pilot’s Badge by the gold wreath; the Pilot’s Badge had a silver wreath. There was also a cloth version of the badge which used embroidered bullion for the officer’s version and cotton for the NCO’s version. The presentation case was dark blue, with a blue satin top liner and a blue velvet bottom liner on the inside.
The condition is good with slight darkening due to age.