Beautiful drum with what looks to be the original strap, coming from the family of Henry Harfield Who was a gunner with the Royal Garrison Artillery during WW1 and based in Gosport when WW1 commenced.
The drum was made by a Company called George Butler and Sons manufacturing musical instruments in County Fermanagh in Northern Ireland, George Butler apparently started in Dublin in 1826 and opened a London branch in 1858, in the Haymarket, London. They also supplied the British army.
In superb condition for its age, with the skins looking original although used over the years, there is paint loss around the edges due to normal use and some pitting to expose areas. The strap is very stiff but in good working order. Please see the pictures as they form part of our condition report.