This is a pre-ww2 piston head from a German Third-Reich aircraft. It has been converted to an ashtray but we believe it to be in its original period condition. The inscriptions around the outside read “andenken an die fliegergruppe” which roughly translates to “souvenirs of the group of pilots” and “Altes Lager” which is another name for the Juterbog Airfield. It is dated 1935.
The piston head is in very good condition for its age and would make for a lovely decorative ashtray.