This is a 15.2cm howitzer shell from WW2. These were made by the Soviet Union for the ML-20 but in the early stage of the German invasion of the Soviet Union hundreds of ML-20s were captured by the Wehrmacht. This would have been used by the German army during WW2 and fired by heavy field howitzers. This particular shell is marked with the Waffenamt stamp and features writing on the body of the shell and the wooden crate it is held in. The gun was adopted by Germans as the 15.2 cm KH.433/1. From February 1943 Germans manufactured this ammunition for the gun.
Inert and unfired